1 hr 15 mins
Recipe that can be made to eat that day, refrigerated for up to 3 days, or frozen for up to 3 months. To reheat, defrost overnight in the fridge. Bake in a 350* oven until cheese is bubbling, about 15 minutes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded (about 3 cups)
- 4 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded (about 1 cup)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 12 small flour tortillas
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans red kidney beans, rinsed
- salt and pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) jar taco sauce
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package cooked chorizo sausage, thinly sliced
- 1Preheat oven to 375*. In a medium bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups cheddar with the monterey jack and set aside.
- 2Brush a rimmed baking sheet with 1 tablespoons olive oil. Arrange 6 tortillas on the sheet so that the surface is covered, overlapping as needed. Sprinkle the remaining 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese evenly over the tortillas, leaving a 1/2-inch border on all sides; cover with the remaining 6 tortillas, overlapping as needed. Prick the top layer with a fork and bake until the tortillas begin to brown, about 10 minutes.
- 3In a large skillet, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until golden-brown, about 10 minutes. Add the beans and 1/4 cup water and mash until the beans are soft and the liquid is absorbed, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- 4Spread the bean mixture over the tortillas, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Top with the taco sauce, chilies, chorizo and reserved cheese mixture. Bake until the cheese is melted, 25 to 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for OAMC Mexican Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (578 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1266.3
- Calories from Fat 587
- Total Fat 65.3 g
- Saturated Fat 30.5 g
- Cholesterol 137.8 mg
- Sodium 1947.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 108.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 20.2 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 62.7 g