1/1 Photo of OAMC Hearty Mac & Cheese
FCR Gal's Note:
This freezes well either in a baking pan or in a freezer bag. UPDATED 6-09: CORRECTED DIRECTIONS TO SHOW WHEN TO ADD MILK.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 ounce) box elbow macaroni
- 1 1/2 cups cooked ham, diced
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 cup frozen green pea, thawed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1Prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain and keep warm.
- 2Saute ham and onion in a large non-stick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat 5 minutes; stir in peas and next 3 ingredients. Set aside.
- 3Melt butter in a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium-low heat.
- 4Whisk in flour until smooth.
- 5Add milk, whisking constantly, 5 minutes or until mixture is thickened. Remove from heat.
- 6Stir in 1 1/2 cups cheese, stirring until melted.
- 7Stir in cooked pasta and ham mixture.
- 8Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for OAMC Hearty Mac & Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (401 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 764.6
- Calories from Fat 350
- Total Fat 38.9 g
- Saturated Fat 21.8 g
- Cholesterol 139.2 mg
- Sodium 671.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 41.9 g