- 1 1⁄2 cups , peeled diced carrots
- 12 ounces of frozen potatoes, cubed
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked medium barley (not quick-cooking)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 cup ham, diced
- 6 ounces evaporated milk
- 4 cups chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Add all ingredients except evaporated milk & chicken broth into a gallon freezer bag.
- Add evaporated milk to a quart sized bag & add (or tape/adhere) to the gallon bag.
- Freeze. Thaw overnight, cook on low for 8 hours or until carrots & potatoes are soft. Stir in evaporated milk & crack lid. Cook 15 minutes or until heated through.