6 hrs 15 mins
These burritos can be made in the crock pot or on the stove. I make up a large batch and freeze for either lunch, dinner or a quick snack.
My Private Note
20 burr ...
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large chicken breasts (approx 5-6 cups cooked)
- 4 (15 ounce) cans black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 2 (15 1/4 ounce) cans kernel corn (drained)
- 2 (10 ounce) diced tomatoes with green chilies (I used Rotel)
- 4 cups salsa (mild, medium, hot-your choice)
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 20 -50 flour tortillas (20 burrito size or 50 taco size)
- 2 -3 cups cheese (cheddar, Colby-Jack, Mexican blend-your choice)
- 1Crockpot Directions.
- 2Place all ingredients except tortillas and cheese in the crock pot and cook on low 6-8 hours. Take chicken out and shred or chop finely. Return the chicken to the crock pot and mix thoroughly.
- 3Stove Top Directions.
- 4Cook chicken, shred or chop finely. Add remaining ingredients except tortillas and cheese. Bring to a boil and simmer for 25-30 minutes.
- 5To Prepare Burritos.
- 6Warm tortillas in microwave to make them easier to roll. Place cheese on tortilla, add chicken mixture. Roll folding the ends in and place seam side down in a baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick spray. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. If you like a crispier burrito, bake 5 more minutes.
- 7NOTE: I was able to get 50 burritos using the taco size tortillas. I prefer using the taco size because these are a great "grab" snack for my family.
- 8Freezer Directions.
- 9After the burritos have completely cooled, I placed them in freezer bags, removed the air and sealed. I can fit 4 burritos in a quart size bag and 8 in a gallon size. Bake for 20-30 minutes in toaster oven at 350 degrees.
- 10If you don't wish to roll your burritos before freezing, place the chicken mixture in either quart or gallon size freezer bags, remove air and freeze. Attach a quart size bag with desired amount of cheese and freeze.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for OAMC Crock Pot Chicken, Bean & Cheese Burritos
Serving Size: 1 (104 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 318.2
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 25.7 mg
- Sodium 870.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.2 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 18.6 g