Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These burritos can be made in the crock pot or on the stove. I make up a large batch and freeze for either lunch, dinner or a quick snack.
- 4 large chicken breasts (approx 5-6 cups cooked)
- 4 (15 ounce) cans black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 2 (15 1/4 ounce) cans kernel corn (drained)
- 2 (10 ounce) diced tomatoes with green chilies (I used Rotel)
- 4 cups salsa (mild, medium, hot-your choice)
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 20 -50 flour tortillas (20 burrito size or 50 taco size)
- 2 -3 cups cheese (cheddar, Colby-Jack, Mexican blend-your choice)
- Crockpot Directions.
- Place all ingredients except tortillas and cheese in the crock pot and cook on low 6-8 hours. Take chicken out and shred or chop finely. Return the chicken to the crock pot and mix thoroughly.
- Stove Top Directions.
- Cook chicken, shred or chop finely. Add remaining ingredients except tortillas and cheese. Bring to a boil and simmer for 25-30 minutes.
- To Prepare Burritos.
- Warm tortillas in microwave to make them easier to roll. Place cheese on tortilla, add chicken mixture. Roll folding the ends in and place seam side down in a baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick spray. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. If you like a crispier burrito, bake 5 more minutes.
- NOTE: I was able to get 50 burritos using the taco size tortillas. I prefer using the taco size because these are a great "grab" snack for my family.
- Freezer Directions.
- After the burritos have completely cooled, I placed them in freezer bags, removed the air and sealed. I can fit 4 burritos in a quart size bag and 8 in a gallon size. Bake for 20-30 minutes in toaster oven at 350 degrees.
- If you don't wish to roll your burritos before freezing, place the chicken mixture in either quart or gallon size freezer bags, remove air and freeze. Attach a quart size bag with desired amount of cheese and freeze.
My family LOVED this! I loved this! I will be making it again and again!
YUMMY!!! LOVED IT!! I didn't add the corn because I increased the recipe to make a batch and a half and my crock pot couldn't hold a drop more :) But even without the corn everyone gobbled it down. Fantastic burrito recipe
I used petite diced tomatoes instead of tomatoes with chilies because I don't like things too hot and I didn't add the chicken broth. I also used six chicken breasts. I cooked mine on high for four hours. I did make up some in tortillas but they were too juicy and made the tortillas soggy so the rest of the filling I froze in freezer bags and then thawed and made the tortillas. We enjoyed them this way. We enjoyed the taste of these and they were easy to make.