This is from one of my favorite Once a month cooking books. I hope that you enjoy this as much as we did.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (12 ounce) package seasoned stuffing mix
- 2 tablespoons melted margarine
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup minced chives
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup grated mild cheddar cheese
- 1In a medium bowl, mix stuffing, melted margarine and 1 1/4 cups broth.
- 2Then mix chicken 3/4 cup broth, onion, chives, celery, mayonnaise and salt in another bowl.
- 3Spread half the stuffing in a 13x9x2 inch baking dish treated with nonstick spray.
- 4Spread chicken mixture over stuffing.
- 5Cover with remaining stuffing.
- 6Whisk eggs, milk, and soup in a large bowl. Pour sauce evenly over stuffing.
- 7Cover dish with foil, and freeze.
- 8Put cheese in a small freezer bag, and attach it to the dish.
- 9To prepare for serving, thaw grated cheese and chicken dish.
- 10Bake covered in a preheated 325 oven for 30 minutes.
- 11Remove foil, sprinkle with cheese, and continue to bake uncovered for 10 minutes more.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for OAMC Creamy Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (296 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 450.9
- Calories from Fat 185
- Total Fat 20.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 111.7 mg
- Sodium 1612.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 24.7 g