Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is from one of my favorite Once a month cooking books. I hope that you enjoy this as much as we did.
- 1 (12 ounce) package seasoned stuffing mix
- 2 tablespoons melted margarine
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup minced chives
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup light mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup grated mild cheddar cheese
- In a medium bowl, mix stuffing, melted margarine and 1 1/4 cups broth.
- Then mix chicken 3/4 cup broth, onion, chives, celery, mayonnaise and salt in another bowl.
- Spread half the stuffing in a 13x9x2 inch baking dish treated with nonstick spray.
- Spread chicken mixture over stuffing.
- Cover with remaining stuffing.
- Whisk eggs, milk, and soup in a large bowl. Pour sauce evenly over stuffing.
- Cover dish with foil, and freeze.
- Put cheese in a small freezer bag, and attach it to the dish.
- To prepare for serving, thaw grated cheese and chicken dish.
- Bake covered in a preheated 325 oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil, sprinkle with cheese, and continue to bake uncovered for 10 minutes more.