Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is modified from Better Homes and Gardens
- 3 lbs ground beef, browned and drained
- 3 cups onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 (16 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 4 (16 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Brown ground beef with onion, green pepper, and garlic. Drain.
- add undrained tomatoes, drained and rinsed beans, and rest of ingredients.
- simmer for ~30 minutes.
I love this recipe. I got it years ago froma frugal OAMC website. I kickup the spice factor by adding more chili powder and a dash of cayenne. I make a huge batch then use the leftovers for Chili Frito Pie, Chili Dogs and Chili Stacks!
Very easy to make, with ingredients that are not expensive. I served the chili with some flour tortillas. I found the taste slightly bland and felt it need a flavour with punch. May add some other spices next time.
Very easy to make chili recipe. You might not think there is enough liquid before step 3 but there really is. The only thing I'd change would be not to add the basil. That is the only thing. Thank you for posting. I adopted this chef for the *Spring PAC 2008* game