Recipe by pixieglenn
I know there are many fried rice recipes, but here is my own version of a favorite quick OAMC lunch and dinner we all enjoy. I hope you do too! To make it OAMC just portion out one cup of mix into freezer bags, thaw in the microwave for about 2 minutes, then stir fry in some oil for about another 3 minutes to get that "Fried" taste and texture. This recipe makes a TON!
Top Review by Brenda.
I made as directed but my Jasmine rice package had suggested 6 cups of water vs 8. No matter it all worked out well. Instead of using plain water and bouillon cubes I used a box of fat free chicken broth. For the eggs I used liquid egg whites equal to 6 whole eggs. This will be nice to have on hand for nights when time is short. Really good flavor. Thank You for sharing.
- 4 cups jasmine rice
- 8 cups water
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 6 -8 eggs
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons minced onions
- 4 cups chopped chicken
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook water, rice, and boullion cubes for about 30 - 40 minutes, or until done.
- Scramble the eggs.
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Portion into bags for lunches or dinners. One cup servings is what I did. I was able to get one five cup bag for a dinner and 5 one cup bags for lunches.