Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is so easy to make and freezes very well. It's yummy too! =) This recipe will make 3 kits. Don't let all the ingredients scare you. It's really very simple.
Chicken fajita season mix
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons chicken bouillon powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- olive oil
- 12 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 green bell peppers
- 2 red bell peppers
- 3 yellow onions (or your favorite onion)
- 3 cups cheddar cheese
- 18 fajita-size flour tortillas
- 1 1⁄2 cups salsa
- In a med. bowl mix the seasoning ingredients together. Set aside for later.
- Cut peppers and onions in thin strips. In large skillet saute with a little olive oil for 5 minutes or until tender. (Do not over cook.) When cool divide into 3 portions and place each portion in a quart size freezer bag making sure to squeeze excess air out of bag. Refrigerate until ready to place in kit.
- Cut chicken into 1/4" strips. In large skillet pour a little olive oil in and begin cooking chicken strips. ( May need to do in 2 separate batches.) When chicken is no longer pink sprinkle with seasoning mix and cook 2 minutes longer. Cool chicken and divide into 3 portions. Place each portion in a quart freezer bag. Squeeze excess air out and refrigerate until ready to place in kit.
- Make 3 cheese bags by placing one cup into 3 sandwich size bags. Squeeze excess air out.
- Make 3 salsa bags by placing 1/2 cup of salsa in 3 snack size bags. Squeeze air out.
- Make 3 tortilla packs by wrapping 6 tortillas in saran wrap and then place in a gallon freezer bag. Squeeze air out.
- To assemble kit:
- Slide tortilla bag into another gallon freezer bag. Place chicken, veggies, cheese and salsa neatly into the same gallon bag. Squeeze out air and seal. Include kit directions:
- In skillet heat chicken in oil until defrosted and warm. Add veggies and cook for 5 minutes or until hot.
- Defrost tortillas if needed in microwave for 30 seconds. Spoon cheese, salsa, meat and veggies on tortilla. Serve with sour cream and enjoy!
This takes a bit of time to put together but is SO worth it! I just took it out of the freezer microwaved the chicken and veg and supper was ready! The spice mix makes a lot and I have even used it on some of my grilled chicken!
I first made these last year when I was having surgery and would be off my feet for 8 weeks. I've made them several times since then and we just love them. I love having these waiting for me in the freezer for nights I just don't feel like cooking. They are delicious and super easy. Thank you so much for sharing this winner!
i absolutly lovd this one. i made them into single serving size packets and froze them. i brought the packets to work for my lunches and it worked perfectly. these were very tasty. will definitley make these again!