Recipe by Loves2Teach
This is from one of my favorite Once a month cook books. Hopefully you enjoy it!
Top Review by Carol G.
Made exactly as directed, including the Curry Powder. I thought it was bland & very unattractive. And the spreading of the chicken mixture is impossible with the Brocolli underneath it. Would not make this dish again.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained (I have also used fresh, sauteed mushrooms)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder (optional)
- 3⁄4 grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook broccoli in boiling water according to package directions.
- Drain broccoli, and spread it in a 13x9x2 inch baking dish.
- Mix chicken, soup, mayo, mushrooms, and curry powder and 1/2 cup parmesan cheese in a medium bowl.
- Spread chicken mixture over broccoli.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup parmesan cheese over top.
- Cover dish with foil and freeze.
- To prepare for serving, thaw dish, and bake covered in a preheated 350 oven for 40 minutes.
- Remove foil, stir to bring colder food in center to the outside, bake for 20 minutes more.