This is posted by request from the OAMC cookbook. This is super easy to make! Enjoy!
Make and share this OAMC Calzones recipe from Food.com.
- 2 loaves frozen bread dough (Italian, french, or pizza)
- 6 ounces sliced mozzarella cheese, to taste (we usually use more)
- 5 cups spaghetti sauce
- Thaw two loaves of bread dough.
- Divide each loaf into five parts each.
- One at a time, roll each dough piece on a floured board or stretch with your hands, making 10 7 inch squares.
- Fold each dough square over half a cheese slice to form a turnover, and pinch edges to seal.
- (You can also ladle 1/3 cup to 1/2 cup sauce into center of each square before making the turnover, but the sauce tends to seep out). Place each turnover in a small sandwich bag.
- Put 5 turnovers in a 1 gallon freezer bag.
- Divide sauce in half, and store in 2 1-quart freezer bags; enclose each bag of sauce in a bag of calzones.
- Do the same with the remaining 5 turnovers.
- To prepare for serving, thaw sauce; heat in a medium pan 10-15 minutes until bubbly.
- At the same time, take frozen turnovers out of bags, and place them about 2 inches apart on a baking sheet sprayed with a nonstick spray.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Turnovers will be golden brown when done.
- Ladle sauce on top of turnovers, and serve.