Recipe by FCR Gal
This recipe comes courtesy of my mom. I assemble everything and then freeze it in a freezer bag. When I'm ready to make it, I thaw it out and bake it.
Top Review by Michelle Berteig
Very good! Easy to put together. Kind of like a quick lasagna, I guess! I added some chopped onion to the ground beef while it was cooking. I also used a 15 oz. can of tomato sauce (not quite the entire can, but most of it, an 8 oz. can didn't seem like quite enough). Also, I'd say this recipe makes 4 hearty servings, as my husband and I ate half of it for dinner! It was tasty and I would make it again. Made for PAC Spring '08.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup minced chives
- 8 ounces medium egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook beef until no longer pink; drain.
- Add tomato sauce, salt, garlic powder, onion powder and pepper. Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the cottage cheese, sour cream and chives; fold in noodles.
- In a greased 3 quart baking dish, layer half of the noodle mixture and meat mixture. Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for 35 minutes.
- Uncover, sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.