Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe comes courtesy of my mom. I assemble everything and then freeze it in a freezer bag. When I'm ready to make it, I thaw it out and bake it.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook beef until no longer pink; drain.
- Add tomato sauce, salt, garlic powder, onion powder and pepper. Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the cottage cheese, sour cream and chives; fold in noodles.
- In a greased 3 quart baking dish, layer half of the noodle mixture and meat mixture. Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for 35 minutes.
- Uncover, sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Very good! Easy to put together. Kind of like a quick lasagna, I guess! I added some chopped onion to the ground beef while it was cooking. I also used a 15 oz. can of tomato sauce (not quite the entire can, but most of it, an 8 oz. can didn't seem like quite enough). Also, I'd say this recipe makes 4 hearty servings, as my husband and I ate half of it for dinner! It was tasty and I would make it again. Made for PAC Spring '08.
I ran out of tomato pasata (tomato sauce) and used a tin of tomato soup instead, I used plenty of dried herbs and garlic (due to our families taste). Great with salad and garlic bread. Thanks for posting!