This recipe comes courtesy of my mom. I assemble everything and then freeze it in a freezer bag. When I'm ready to make it, I thaw it out and bake it.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook beef until no longer pink; drain.
- Add tomato sauce, salt, garlic powder, onion powder and pepper. Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the cottage cheese, sour cream and chives; fold in noodles.
- In a greased 3 quart baking dish, layer half of the noodle mixture and meat mixture. Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for 35 minutes.
- Uncover, sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.