Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Baked Ziti is such a simple and classic meal and makes a good OAMC dish. This is a good one to throw leftover veggies in too. Originally seen in the book Frozen Assets.
- 3 lbs penne pasta (or ziti)
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped
- 6 cups spaghetti sauce
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- (Meat eaters can add 1 pound ground beef).
- Boil pasta until barely tender, drain and rinse. (Brown meat if using). Saute onion and pepper until softened. Add spaghetti sauce and combine with cooked pasta. Divide into 3 meals and store in gallon freezer bags. Divide mozzarella into 3 quart bags and keep with pasta bags.
- To serve, thaw and spread in 9x13 baking pan. Sprinkle with mozzarella and 1/4 cup Parmesan. Cover and bake for 30 minutes at 350. Remove cover and bake 5 more minutes. Makes 18 servings.
Made as written (well, minus the peppers) and used a jarred sauce that I doctored up. I did add ground beef and put int he freezer for next month. Will review further/post photo when made. Made for My 3 Chefs.