Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This recipe is great with either chicken or pork chops. I mix everything together and put it in a freezer bag and store it until I am ready to cook it. We like spicy food, so I usually double the curry powder.
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 3 -4 lbs chicken or 3 -4 lbs pork chops
- Stir together first 5 ingredients in a shallow dish until blended.
- Dip meat in honey mixture, 1 piece at a time, thoroughly coating all sides.
- Arrange meat in a single layer in a 15 x 10 inch jelly roll pan.
- Pour remaining honey mixture over chicken.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes or until done.
- *4 skinned and boned chicken breasts and 4 skinned and boned chicken thighs may be substitued for cut-up whole chicken. Proceed as directed, decreasing bake time 40-45 minutes.
I can't believe I forgot to review these! I used bone-in chicken breasts and thai red curry powder. Also, ran out of honey so used corn syrup. AMAZING!! Served with rice and oven roasted cauliflower!
WE LOVED THESE! I made them a few weeks ago while trying freezer meals. It was by far our favorite! I cannot wait to make these next month!
I made this a couple weeks ago and threw it in the freezer. The smell of the house while this was baking was AMAZING! I couldn't wait to eat. The taste was a bit disappointing. Don't get me wrong, it was good, but it definitely smelled better than it was. I had expected a bit more spice but I was pleasantly surprised by the subtle honey flavor. Next time I may up the curry and add some other spices. All together, it was an easy weeknight meal.