Recipe by LuvviLoo
Delicious version of a traditional stirfry dish. The marinade has a teriyaki flavor. The pork prepared in this way packed a huge punch of yummy into the dish.
- 1 lb pork chop, center cut and thin sliced
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon Accent seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup peanut oil
- 1 lb of frozen stir fry vegetables
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 2 cups uncooked white rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim off any fat or bone from pork chops. Cut pork into long, slender strips about 1/2 inch wide or less. Place pork strips in a shallow dish in one single layer and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine diced onion, sugar, Accent, salt, pepper, garlic, and soy sauce. Pour this mixture over the pork strips, cover, and put in refrigerator to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Add about 1/2 cup peanut oil to a large frying pan and heat oil over medium-high heat. Place the pork strips and all of the marinade into the pan, reduce heat to medium. As the marinade/onion begins to thicken around the pork, you may add water to dilute this sauce.
- Simmer the pork slowly, covered, over low-medium heat until pork is tender, about 45 minutes to an hour. (A great time to go to the next step!).
- Cut the bell peppers into long thin strips, removing and discarding all seeds.
- In a large frying pan or wok, coat the bottom of the pan with about 1/4 cup of the peanut oil. Heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the frozen vegetables and begin cooking over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add the bell pepper strips to the stir fry vegetables, cooking to desired tenderness in wok or frying pan. (I cooked mine for about 30 minutes, and it rendered veggies tender, not too soft.).
- Cook rice according to package directions, drain and rinse, then set aside.
- Serve the pork and vegetables over the rice and hope you enjoy it as we did! Easily serves 6 or more. 30 minutes of the cooking time is for marinating in frig.