1/1 Photo of O.j. Sarah's Granola
1 hr 5 mins
This recipe comes from O.J. Sarah's Restaurant in Santa Fe, New Mexico via the L.A. Times Culinary SOS column. I have had this recipe clipping for over 10 years, and made this recipe many times. The dried blueberries are my addition. This recipe makes a lot, but freezes well. I portion it out in ziplock bags for freezing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine oil, honey and vanilla and bring to a boil; remove from heat.
- 2Combine oats, bran, sunflower seeds and coconut in a large pan (I use a disposable aluminun roasting pan); pour hot oil mixture over oat mixture and stir well.
- 3Spread in an even layer and bake at 350 F, stirring occasionally (every 10 to 15 minutes), until golden brown; this takes about 1 hour.
- 4Stir in the dried blueberries after removing the granola from the oven.
- 5Store in a large airtight container, or freeze portions in ziplock bags.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for O.j. Sarah's Granola
Serving Size: 1 (2354 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 748.6
- Calories from Fat 380
- Total Fat 42.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 38.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 84.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.7 g
- Sugars 36.2 g
- Protein 17.8 g