Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
It's a heck of a lot quicker and easier to do mac and cheese on the stovetop. I add Canadian bacon to mine, because, well, I love bacon in all its forms.
- Cook the macaroni in a pot of boiling salted water.
- Meanwhile, saute the Canadian bacon in a large, non-stick saucepan for about 5 minutes.
- Whisk the milk and flour together in a bowl, then add to the saucepan, bringing it all to a boil, while stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to medium and stir in cheese, onion powder and garlic powder.
- Cook until cheese melts.
- When pasta is done, drain it and stir in the cheese mixture.
- Add paprika to taste (and for a little extra colour) and serve.
This was a quick and very tasty recipe... I doubled mine as I buy my macaroni in 500g bags worked perfectly I also mixed the cheese I used tasty & Gouda 1 1/4 cups of each as per recipe. I had left over cheese so I poured it into a baking dish sprinkled the extra cheese over it and baked it in my fan forced oven at 240 until just golden. Next time I will triple the sauce for my family's preference:)<br/>Great recipe it doesn't need changing thanks for sharing.
This was very simple and quick to make! I really dont like the box stuff but sometimes I just get the craving for it!! I added muenster cheese to mine instead of cheddar and it turned out great! I thank you for this amazing easy new addition to our dinners!!!
Very Very Good - Very Simple Quick - Easy - and Tasty! I Will be making this many - many more times. I only made tiny changes, I put cumin in my Mac 'N Cheese and I only had regular bacon that I cooked and chopped up in small bits. I also added a tad of cilantro. It was all very nice! I plan on trying it with other kinds of meat, like tuna, shredded turkey and maybe even corn beef. Thank You So Very Much!!