Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
From the Edmonds cookbook.
- 3 eggs
- 6 ounces sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 ounces butter
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- Beat eggs a little with a pinch of salt, add sugar and beat until thick.
- Fold in sifted flour and baking powder lightly.
- Lastly add butter melted in the boiling water.
- Bake in greased deep 8 inch round tin 25-30 minutes at 190 deg C/375 deg F.
can u please clarify that whether the butter is to be melted with the 2tbsp of water and add both butter and water into the cake batter in NZ sponge cake recipe