Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 2 lbs zucchini (or a combination of yellow and green zucchini)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup fresh tomato sauce (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, for serving (more to taste)
- Using a vegetable peeler, cut the zucchini into lengthwise ribbons. Peel off several from one side, then turn the zucchini and peel off more. Continue to turn and peel away ribbons until you get to the seeds at the core of the zucchini. Discard the core. You can also do this on a mandolin, adjusted to a very thin slice.
- Cook the zucchini strips in two batches. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. When it is hot, add the zucchini ribbons and 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt. Cook, tossing and stirring the zucchini, for two to three minutes, until softened and beginning to turn translucent. Adjust salt and add freshly ground pepper to taste, and transfer to a serving dish. Repeat with the remaining olive oil and zucchini. Serve, topping with tomato sauce and freshly grated Parmesan if desired.