Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I modified my mom's deviled egg recipe. Note do NOT use Miracle Whip for this recipe.
- 12 hardboiled egg, peeled
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 dash salt
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise, remove yolks, and reserve whites.
- Mash yolks until about the texture of cornmeal.
- Combine yolks, mayo, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, and 1 teaspoon of the vinegar mix until smooth.
- Slowly add more vinegar until tart and moist enough (about 1 to 2 teaspoons). If it gets tart enough but is not moist enough add a bit more mayonnaise.
- Add a dash of salt and mix in .
- Spoon mixture into center of egg whites.
- Sprinkle tops with paprika. Chill and serve cold.
These are pretty good, but they are extremely tart. I also had to add a bit more mayo, as the filling was extremely dry. Very nice flavors overall. Thanks for posting!
These are good. It is more vinegary than we are used to. Made for Beverage Tag 2007
I made this and took it to a church fellowship and they dissapeared in record time! Thank you for a good recipe! I did use a little more mayonnaise than called for.