Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
just found this one, looks like a keeper
Make and share this NY'S eve bugles recipe from Food.com.
- preheat oven to 375.
- roll wonton wrappers to shape horns.
- you may cut to even edges, if desired.
- you may want to brush the wontons w/butter, dill, garlic salt.
- stuff each with a small tin foil ball, and bake 10 minutes, seam side down, let cool, remove foil balls.
- meanwhile, whip cheese,sour cream, lemon juice, fold in crab, mix well.
- add a tbsp of crab to each bugle, or use a pastry bag to pipe in.
These are very good! The dill and garlic butter give the shells a good flavor, very complimentary to the crab and cream cheese filling. I used about 2 oz of crab meat, and added a little chopped green onion. I did have a little trouble with them holding shape, even with the tin foil. Maybe a mold of posterboard weight paper would work better. Also, I had a problem with the tips curling and cooking faster than the base of the horn, so cutting the edges evenly as optioned in step 3 is probably a good idea. I tried a variation by putting some of the filling in the horns before baking...in worked well and I prefer the baked filling, but these horns did not crisp up as well. I guess you could actually bake the filling in a seperate dish, and then spoon it into the baked horns. But the basic recipe is very good as is.