Recipe by Nasseh
This is a vegetarian dish served over rice that originates from Kenya.
Top Review by Sous Chef Sue
Followed the recipe except added a whole can of black-eyed peas. Thought it had a really nice flavor, but that the tomatoes were a bit mushy for our tastes, so perhaps will add them later next time. As leftovers, I sprinkled feta cheese over and thought it really punched it up a notch. Will definitely make again. Thank you!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium red bell peppers, finely chopped
- 4 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup cooked black-eyed peas
- 2 cups corn
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste