Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a vegetarian dish served over rice that originates from Kenya.
Make and share this Nyoyo (Cooked Vegetables) recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium red bell peppers, finely chopped
- 4 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup cooked black-eyed peas
- 2 cups corn
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Saute onion & peppers in oil until until limp. Add tomatoes and simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Meanwhile combine beans, corn and spices. Stir in with the onions then cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Adding a little water if necessary. Serve over rice.
Followed the recipe except added a whole can of black-eyed peas. Thought it had a really nice flavor, but that the tomatoes were a bit mushy for our tastes, so perhaps will add them later next time. As leftovers, I sprinkled feta cheese over and thought it really punched it up a notch. Will definitely make again. Thank you!