Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love carbonara and love shrimp.
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 lb large shrimp
- 3⁄4 cup white wine
- 2 garlic cloves, roasted and minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 200 g linguine, cooked in advance
- 1⁄2 cup romano cheese, grated
- 250 ml whipping cream
- pepper, to taste
- Chop bacon into bits and cook on medium high heat in a large non-stick skillet for approx 5 minutes or until nearly ready then add thawed shrimp and cook till just about done. Remove bacon and shrimp from pan and set aside.
- Add olive oil to pan and sauté shallots, garlic and mushrooms in remaining bacon grease for a couple of minutes then add wine and cook it all down.
- Add cream and thicken a bit then add back bacon and shrimp, stir in cheese.
- Toss in cooked pasta (you may not use all of it if the sauce seems too thick for it) and serve when thickened and seasoned with pepper to your taste.
This is absolutely delicious! The flavors are wonderful. The recipe is a bit oddly written--the ingredients aren't listed in order, and there's an odd combination of USA and metric measurements--but that doesn't detract from the dish. It's easy to make, and has excellent flavor. Thanks for posting!
I had leftover spaghetti in the fridge, so this was a perfect and easy supper for DH and I. I omitted the mushrooms since I don't particularly like them, but otherwise struck to recipe, we very much enjoyed this .. I thought I might have liked a pinch of red pepper flakes or chilli, but DH said no, perfect as is! Thank you Nymphadora Tonks (love the name ;) )
This is wonderful. It was a real treat. We all enjoyed this recipe. The taste of the bacon with the shrimps is great. I used asiago cheese. Thanks Nymphadora Tonks :) Made for PAC spring 2011