Recipe by Nymphadora Tonks
I love carbonara and love shrimp.
Top Review by Chocolatl
This is absolutely delicious! The flavors are wonderful. The recipe is a bit oddly written--the ingredients aren't listed in order, and there's an odd combination of USA and metric measurements--but that doesn't detract from the dish. It's easy to make, and has excellent flavor. Thanks for posting!
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 lb large shrimp
- 3⁄4 cup white wine
- 2 garlic cloves, roasted and minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 200 g linguine, cooked in advance
- 1⁄2 cup romano cheese, grated
- 250 ml whipping cream
- pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop bacon into bits and cook on medium high heat in a large non-stick skillet for approx 5 minutes or until nearly ready then add thawed shrimp and cook till just about done. Remove bacon and shrimp from pan and set aside.
- Add olive oil to pan and sauté shallots, garlic and mushrooms in remaining bacon grease for a couple of minutes then add wine and cook it all down.
- Add cream and thicken a bit then add back bacon and shrimp, stir in cheese.
- Toss in cooked pasta (you may not use all of it if the sauce seems too thick for it) and serve when thickened and seasoned with pepper to your taste.