Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From The New York Times, via cousin Michelle in Israel - thank you!
Make and share this Ny Times Pecan Pie recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 375, parbake pie shell until golden.
- In a saucepan, bring the corn syrup, sugar and salt to a boil over high heat until the sugar dissolves (about 2 minutes).
- Very slowly, pour in a thin stream into the beaten eggs while stirring vigorously.
- Add the vanilla, margarine and pecans to the mixture and pour into prepared pie shell.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until puffed.
Excellent pecan pie - perfect texture and just the right kind of sweet. I have made this many times and it took a while to get the hang of tempering the egg so it didn't scramble when you added the hot sugar mixture (a couple of times some of the eggs did get a bit cooked, but you couldn't tell in the finished product), but it's worth it. Great recipe!