Recipe by VadiBubba
This is what a "hot dog" is in Rhode Island
Top Review by Charlotte J
Very different then the chili dogs we make here in the Midwest. The kids said they were "awesome" but for myself I'd cut back on the allspice next time I make this. I cut back the salt to 1 teaspoon today, I'll try increasing it by 1/2 t more next time. Made for *Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup* Game
- 1 lb hamburger
- 3 tablespoons margarine or 3 tablespoons shortening
- 1 small onion
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons allspice
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Over Med heat,Fry hamburger with onion, spices and margarine or shortening until the meat is brown.
- Add the water, and continue to cook the meat mixture, while mashing the hamburger into tiny pieces. Cook slowly until all the water is dissolved. If the consistency is too thick, add more margarine or shortening.
- Make hot dogs.
- Steam the hot dog buns by wrapping them in a paper towel, and place in microwave for a few seconds on high.
- Place hot dog in bun, followed by mustard, weiner sauce, chopped onions, then celery salt.