Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a family recipe passed down to my mother from her cousins in NY. Ever since she made it it's been a family favorite and we always look forward to this dish. Cooking times and serving size are approximate.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sausage links, cut into 1 1/2-2-inch pieces (some mild, some spicy)
- 6 green peppers, sliced into strips
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place sausage pieces into 13x9" baking dish. No oil needed. Brown in 350 degree oven.
- Once sausage is browned, add green peppers, onions, and tomato sauce.
- Cook approximately 45 minutes or until peppers are soft.