Recipe by Gadgetsmidnight
I started making this recipe back when I was following a low carb diet. This in not low fat, so if you are looking for that you might as well hit your back button. It is easy to pull together and something different for a side dish. I have even substituted french style green beans for the spinach with good results. And yes, you should use the butter and heavy cream for the best results.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach (thawed and squeezed dry)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium skillet melt butter over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook until onion because soft. (About 2-5 minutes).
- Stir in broth, cream, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Reduce heat and cook until liquid has reduced and coats the back of a spoon.
- Add spinach to sauce and cook until heated through.