1/8 Photos of Ny Style Antipasto Salad
1 hr 30 mins
Where I grew up in NY state, versions of this type of salad were plentiful. Don't confuse this with a traditional Italian antipasta - this is different. This version is my own and is my absolute favorite pasta salad. I have brought this to many potlucks and it is always a big hit. I make this a lot during the summer and even serve a hearty portion of it for my lunch. It makes a ton - this is great for parties because it can be made a day ahead and keeps a couple of days covered in the fridge. Prep time allows for chopping of veggies, etc and cooking the pasta. Cook time is actually chilling time. I use Skinner brand tri-color rotini spirals that come 12 ounces bags.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1.5 (12 ounce) packages corkscrew shaped pasta, cooked, drained, cooled (I use the 3 colored kind sold in the 12 ounce bags)
- 2 cups white cheese, in bite sized cubes (I use either Swiss, Provolone, or sometimes Monterey Jack)
- 1 (6 ounce) can small black olives, pitted, drained, sliced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup pepperoni, diced (optional)
- 1/4-1/2 cup red onion, minced
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) jars marinated artichoke hearts, drained, chopped
- 2 bunches broccoli, florets only, cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup olive oil or 3/4 cup canola oil
- 4 -6 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic, more to taste
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 dash fresh ground pepper
- 1/4-1/2 cup parmesan cheese or 1/4-1/2 cup romano cheese, grated
- 1Combine all veggies, cheese, and meat in a very large bowl with cooled pasta.
- 2In a blender, combine all dressing ingredients, using only 4 Tbsp of the vinegar and 1/4 cup Parmesan to start; blend until smooth.
- 3Pour dressing over veggies and toss well.
- 4Taste and add more vinegar, Parmesan, salt etc to taste as needed- this will vary greatly depending upon your preferences.
- 5Chill at least 1 hour, then toss and test for seasonings again, adding more if needed.
- 6Serves a crowd!
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ny Style Antipasto Salad
Serving Size: 1 (105 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 25
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 174.1
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.8 mg
- Sodium 187.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 5.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: