Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A nice way to prepare trout. My Dad made this often, sometimes alternating with almond slivers instead of the mushrooms for Brook Trout Almondine. ;)
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms in 2 tablespoons butter until tender.
- Stir in parsley.
- Remove mushrooms to a serving platter; keep warm.
- Combine flour and salt in a shallow dish; coat fillets with flour mixture on both sides.
- Add 2 tablespoons butter to the skillet. Cook trout over medium heat for 8-10 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork; arrange over mushrooms.
- For sauce, melt remaining butter in a small saucepan.
- Gradually stir in cream and lemon juice.
- Bring to a boil for 3-4 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring constantly. Serve over trout and mushrooms.
This was a delicious recipe...made as written and served with Lemon Garlic Broccoli#212120. Will be putting this into our monthly rotation. Made for CookAThon for Mommy Diva.
It was a little different for us but tasty
This was wonderful! I love finding new recipes for old favorites, this trout is great. Made is just as listed and will certainly make this recipe again. For ZWT3.