Recipe by djdouglas
I looked everywhere on the web, but couldn't find how to cook frozen corn on the cob in my Nuwave oven. So, I gave it a try myself. I cooked it with seasoned chicken breast and it turned out wonderful. Chicken was great and the corn came out just like fresh.
- 1 (14 ounce) package corn on the cob, frozen, approximately 8 pieces
- 1⁄4 cup salted butter, cut in 8 pieces
- 3 whole chicken breasts, fresh, bone in
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Using aluminum foil, wrap a frozen 2-3 inch corn on the cob with a small pat of salted butter. (Some corn on the cob comes in 12 count packages. Use what your family will need and place the remaining pieces in a ziploc freezer bag and put back in your freezer for another meal. I used 8 pieces, as our family loves corn on the cob.) Place the wrapped corn on the 4 inch rack, cook the wrapped corn on high for 10 minutes.
- While the corn is cooking, combine spices and sprinkle over both sides of chicken breasts.
- When 10 minutes are up, move corn to edges of rack and place seasoned chicken breasts, bone side up in the middle of the rack. Set cook time for 10 minutes and press Start. After 10 minutes, turn chicken and cook another 10 minutes. Check internal temperature of the chicken. If not at 180 degrees, cook an additional 10 minutes on high. If your chicken still hasn't reached 180, remove corn and cook in 5 minute increments until chicken is at 180 degrees.