1/2 Photos of Nuwave Oven - Egg White Pita Breakfast
Starfire (aka Wendy)'s Note:
Here is my latest recipe for breakfast. I was hungry and had left overs in my fridge. Hummus, canadian bacon, peper jack cheese, a box of egg whites, frozen pita bread, string cheese. Since I was pretty hungry I decided to take a stab at a muffin like breakfast. The result in my mind worked really well and I will keep it on rotation in my household. Make a Super easy and fast breakfast and while it might be totally low it is lower in calories than the sauce mc something you might be buying this morning!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11 pita pocket (split in half) If frozen cook for 5 minutes on hi first and then split (to defrost makes it easier).
- 2To the eggs I added - a dash of minced onions, (reconstituted works well), a small dash of granulated garlic, a dash of pepper, paprika and hot pepper flakes.
- 3cook egg whites (I cooked per my nuwave directions seperately and a bit less time than normal (prior to being done).
- 4Topping the pita: Split in half if you have not already done so - add 2-3 tablespoons on hummus to each of the pita bread - spread hummus on the inside part of the pita and then add: string cheese and wait for eggs to be done. Once egg is mostly done 3/4 of the way done add to top of pita, top with Canadian bacon and top with pepper jack cheese. Cook for 3-4 mintues on hi. You can add a bit longer but I used 4 minutes so my eggs would not get hard. When you cook it with the canadian bacon the eggs will still cook a bit. But you are really heating up the muffin.
- 5This might not be completely low fat but it hit the spot this morning!
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nuwave Oven - Egg White Pita Breakfast
Serving Size: 1 (156 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 543.2
- Calories from Fat 268
- Total Fat 29.8 g
- Saturated Fat 13.6 g
- Cholesterol 89.9 mg
- Sodium 1727.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 47.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: