Prep 0 mins
Cook 25 mins
When I cook Chicken Thighs in the NuWave Elite, this is my favorite way to cook them. Healthy and tasty!
- 2 chicken thighs
- 2 chicken legs
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 8 whole mushrooms, cut into a mix of halves and quarters
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon msg (optional)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1. Put chicken pieces in a big sealable bowl. Sprinkle with Liquid Smoke. Seal and shake to ensure chicken is covered. Open and sprinkle the pieces with Sparkle. Close and shake. Open and sprinkle the pieces with Sparkle again to cover pieces well with seasoning. If there's time, put sealed container in refrigerator and let marinate overnight. If not, let marinate for 20-30 minutes.
- 2. When ready to cook, put mushrooms in the base. Place chicken pieces on 3" rack with skin side down. If cooking two pieces, put in the middle of the rack directly under the heating element.
- 3. Cook at 420 (Default Temp) for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, turn chicken over and Sear(450) for 15 minutes. This will require you to set it to Sear at three 5 minute intervals. This is what crisps up the chicken quite nicely.
- 4. As soon as the last Sear is done, remove the dome. This will ensure the skin stays crispy. While the chicken is cooking, the juices will drip down and get soaked up into the mushrooms.