Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This makes a yummy little appetizer or afternoon snack. Kids love these!
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups Cheerios toasted oat cereal
- 1 cup pecan halves (your choice) or 1 cup walnut halves (your choice) or 1 cup peanuts (your choice)
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- Brush a 15x10x1-inch jelly roll pan with butter.
- Heat brown sugar, syrup, butter, and salt in a 3-quart saucepan over medium heat. Stir constantly until sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in cereal and nuts until well coated.
- Spread mixture in pan.
- Bake 15 minutes. Remove and cool 10 minutes. Loose with a metal spatula and let stand until firm, about 1 hour.
- Store in covered container.
This stuff is awesome! My mom used to make it for after school snacks. Every now and then a craving hits...and I didn't know extactly how she made it. Thanks RecipeFairy!