Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
This makes a yummy little appetizer or afternoon snack. Kids love these!
Top Review by Queen of Everything
This stuff is awesome! My mom used to make it for after school snacks. Every now and then a craving hits...and I didn't know extactly how she made it. Thanks RecipeFairy!
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups Cheerios toasted oat cereal
- 1 cup pecan halves (your choice) or 1 cup walnut halves (your choice) or 1 cup peanuts (your choice)
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- Brush a 15x10x1-inch jelly roll pan with butter.
- Heat brown sugar, syrup, butter, and salt in a 3-quart saucepan over medium heat. Stir constantly until sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in cereal and nuts until well coated.
- Spread mixture in pan.
- Bake 15 minutes. Remove and cool 10 minutes. Loose with a metal spatula and let stand until firm, about 1 hour.
- Store in covered container.