1/6 Photos of Nutty Yam Biscuits
Sydney Mike's Note:
This somewhat tweaked recipe originally came from Taste of Home Prize WInning Recipes, 2008.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees F & lightly grease several baking sheets.
- 2In large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg & almonds.
- 3In another bowl, combine yams, sugar butter & vanilla, mixing well.
- 4Add flour mixture to yam mixture & combine thoroughly.
- 5Lightly flour a working surface, then turn dough onto it, kneading slightly.
- 6Roll dough to 1/2-inch thick.
- 7With a 2 1/2-inch biscuit cutter, cut biscuits & place them on the prepared baking sheets.
- 8Bake 12 minutes or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nutty Yam Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (55 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 192.0
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 13.5 mg
- Sodium 244.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 3.2 g