Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
These tasty pancakes are made with coarse-ground whole wheat flour, which gives them a wonderful nutty texture. My family loves them.
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Combine all dry ingredients in one bowl.
- Melt butter. Combine milk, vinegar, egg & butter in a separate bowl.
- Heat lightly oiled skillet (or nonstick skillet) over medium heat.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients just before you are ready to cook them, or they will not be as fluffy. Do not overstir.
- Pour onto skillet, using about 1/2 cup for each pancake. Watch for bubbles and then flip and brown.
- Keep pancakes warm in the oven until ready to serve.