1/5 Photos of Nutty Warm Brussels Sprouts Salad
Originally from Cooking Light but tweaked to our preferences. Have also sprinkled on some Bacon Jam instead of the nuts. Haven't done this yet but think you could make the gratin ahead and the brussels sprouts and keep two aspects separate, then reheat the sprouts in microwave and assemble-just don't put the gratin in until serving or it will turn into mush.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 14.79 ml butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 44.37 ml Ritz cracker crumbs
- 14.79 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 340.19 g Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved or 709.77 ml Brussels sprouts
- 118.29 ml water
- 1.23 ml salt
- 0.59 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 22.18 ml walnuts, TOASTED finely chopped
- 14.17 g asiago cheese, shaved
- 1Heat butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- 2Add garlic; cook 1 minute or just until golden, stirring constantly.
- 3Add cracker crumbs; cook 1 minute or until lightly browned, stirring constantly.
- 4Transfer crumb mixture to a cup.
- 5Heat oil over medium heat.
- 6Add brussels sprouts to pan; cook until a tad brown-stir frequently, add 1/4 cup of water and cook until leaves wilt and cores are crisp-tender, stirring frequently- add more water IF needed-takes about 15 minutes.
- 7Remove from heat, season with salt and pepper, stir in cracker crumbs.
- 8Top with walnuts or Bacon Jam and cheese.
- 9Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nutty Warm Brussels Sprouts Salad
Serving Size: 1 (83 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 69.9
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 5.0 mg
- Sodium 126.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 1.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Ritz cracker crumbs