Recipe by WiGal
Originally from Cooking Light but tweaked to our preferences. Have also sprinkled on some Bacon Jam instead of the nuts. Haven't done this yet but think you could make the gratin ahead and the brussels sprouts and keep two aspects separate, then reheat the sprouts in microwave and assemble-just don't put the gratin in until serving or it will turn into mush.
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
Great Brussels Sprouts! I loved the garlicky cracker topping. Made with 1/2 lb sprouts and decreased the rest of the ingredients to match. Will make these again! Made for PRMR.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons Ritz cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3⁄4 lb Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved or 3 cups Brussels sprouts
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons walnuts, TOASTED finely chopped
- 1⁄2 ounce asiago cheese, shaved
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic; cook 1 minute or just until golden, stirring constantly.
- Add cracker crumbs; cook 1 minute or until lightly browned, stirring constantly.
- Transfer crumb mixture to a cup.
- Heat oil over medium heat.
- Add brussels sprouts to pan; cook until a tad brown-stir frequently, add 1/4 cup of water and cook until leaves wilt and cores are crisp-tender, stirring frequently- add more water IF needed-takes about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, season with salt and pepper, stir in cracker crumbs.
- Top with walnuts or recipe#463068 and cheese.
- Serve warm.