1/2 Photos of Nutty Swiss-Cheddar-Pimento Cheese Spread
3 hrs 30 mins
For crackers, celery sticks, apple slices, or toasted sandwiches! Sixty (60) servings on crackers is a complete guess; I plan to make sandwiches from mine, but don't know how many it will make!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup chopped pecans (Toasted)
- 4 ounces diced pimentos (well drained)
- 8 ounces low-fat cream cheese (Neufchatel preferred, at room temperature)
- 5 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 8 ounces extra-sharp cheddar cheese (freshly shredded)
- 12 ounces swiss cheese (freshly shredded)
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1Toast pecans in a medium-hot iron skillet ~ constantly stirring to prevent burning! Set aside to cool.
- 2Drain pimentos in a wire strainer, covered with a folded paper towel, for about 1/2 hour.
- 3In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Use a food processor, if you have one!
- 4Refrigerate cheese spread for a few hours, to allow flavors to meld.
- 5Makes approximately 4 cups. Serve with crackers, celery sticks, sliced apples, or make toasted sandwiches!
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nutty Swiss-Cheddar-Pimento Cheese Spread
Serving Size: 1 (18 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 60
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 64.4
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 12.3 mg
- Sodium 56.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 3.0 g