For crackers, celery sticks, apple slices, or toasted sandwiches! Sixty (60) servings on crackers is a complete guess; I plan to make sandwiches from mine, but don't know how many it will make!
- 1 cup chopped pecans (Toasted)
- 4 ounces diced pimentos (well drained)
- 8 ounces low-fat cream cheese (Neufchatel preferred, at room temperature)
- 5 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 8 ounces extra-sharp cheddar cheese (freshly shredded)
- 12 ounces swiss cheese (freshly shredded)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Toast pecans in a medium-hot iron skillet ~ constantly stirring to prevent burning! Set aside to cool.
- Drain pimentos in a wire strainer, covered with a folded paper towel, for about 1/2 hour.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Use a food processor, if you have one!
- Refrigerate cheese spread for a few hours, to allow flavors to meld.
- Makes approximately 4 cups. Serve with crackers, celery sticks, sliced apples, or make toasted sandwiches!