A fellow parent on my daughters' softball team brought this salad to a team picnic - the girls, all in their mid-teens, loved it. If I take it somewhere I make it ahead by mixing the dressing ingredients in a jar, and keeping the noodles separate in a plastic bag, which allows me to toss all the ingredients right before serving and keeps the salad from getting soggy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) package coleslaw mix
- 1 (12 -16 ounce) package spinach
- 8 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 (3 ounce) packages ramen noodles (do not use flavor pack)
- 8 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon margarine
- 1Mix spinach, coleslaw and scallions. Set aside.
- 2Saute the almonds in the margarine - when almost brownd, add sesame seeds until brown. When cool, add to spinach mixture.
- 3Refrigerate spinach mixture until ready to serve.
- 4Mix together salad oil, Accent, Mrs. Dash, pepper, sugar and rice vinegar. Refrigerate.
- 5At time of serving, crush the 2 packages of Ramen noodles and add to spinach mixture. Pour salad dressing over spinach mixture, mix and serve.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nutty Spinach Salad
Serving Size: 1 (176 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 381.5
- Calories from Fat 258
- Total Fat 28.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 485.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 6.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Mrs. Dash table blend seasoning