Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A fellow parent on my daughters' softball team brought this salad to a team picnic - the girls, all in their mid-teens, loved it. If I take it somewhere I make it ahead by mixing the dressing ingredients in a jar, and keeping the noodles separate in a plastic bag, which allows me to toss all the ingredients right before serving and keeps the salad from getting soggy.
- 1 (16 ounce) package coleslaw mix
- 1 (12 -16 ounce) package spinach
- 8 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 (3 ounce) packages ramen noodles (do not use flavor pack)
- 8 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon margarine
- 3⁄4 cup salad oil
- 1 teaspoon Accent seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Mrs. Dash table blend seasoning
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons rice vinegar
- Mix spinach, coleslaw and scallions. Set aside.
- Saute the almonds in the margarine - when almost brownd, add sesame seeds until brown. When cool, add to spinach mixture.
- Refrigerate spinach mixture until ready to serve.
- Mix together salad oil, Accent, Mrs. Dash, pepper, sugar and rice vinegar. Refrigerate.
- At time of serving, crush the 2 packages of Ramen noodles and add to spinach mixture. Pour salad dressing over spinach mixture, mix and serve.