1/2 Photos of Nutty Soda Cracker Candy
This makes a wonderful treat to serve at the holidays or to bring as a gift. I use the non-stick foil for this but a piece of buttered parchment paper lined in the pan will work fine also --- servings is only estimated, really it should be only one serving I could eat the whole thing myself, these are very addicting :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 ounce) package saltine crackers (make certain that you use the salted crackers and do not break)
- 1 1/2 cups butter (preferably butter, margaine is not as good!)
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- 1 (12 ounce) package milk chocolate chips (can use semi-sweet)
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans, finely chopped (or use almonds)
- 1Set oven to 400°F.
- 2Line a 10 x 15-inch baking sheet with non-stick foil (or use parchment paper).
- 3Place each cracker in a single layer in the baking sheet (add on more if needed to cover the sheet).
- 4In a medium saucepan bring the butter and brown sugar to a boil over medium heat.
- 5When the mixture comes to a FULL boil, boil for 3 minutes (set timer for 3 minutes after mixture reaches a full boil) you may reduce the heat so that the mixture does not boil over the saucepan.
- 6Mix in vanilla (if using) then immediately pour the hot mixture over the top of the crackers.
- 7Bake in a 400°F oven for 5 minutes.
- 8Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the crackers, then spread using a back of a spoon to smooth out and cover.
- 9Sprinkle the nuts evenly over the top.
- 10Place in the refrigerator for about 3-4 hours or until set.
- 11Break into pieces and store in a covered container in the refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nutty Soda Cracker Candy
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1181.2
- Calories from Fat 662
- Total Fat 73.5 g
- Saturated Fat 41.1 g
- Cholesterol 135.0 mg
- Sodium 993.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 124.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 84.0 g
- Protein 10.2 g