Recipe by tamibic
These are so good and simple - it only makes about 20 cookies - perfect for a small gathering.
Top Review by COOKGIRl
These are yummy! I subbed cane sugar for the brown sugar as I was out. For the nuts I used peanut butter chips instead only because my hubby asked if I could make snickerdoodles but with peanut butter and I obliged. Very smart cooking these at a lower temperature. The texture was soft and chewy as a snickerdoodle shoud be. The cookies are done when the tops start to "crack". Next time I am definitely making these with nuts! A well-deserved 5 stars! cg ;)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped nuts
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream the butter, sugars, vanilla and egg.
- In seperate bowl mix dry ingredients, add to wet ingredients, then fold in nuts.
- Roll into 1 1/2 inch balls and then roll in the sugar/cinnamon mixture.
- Place on un-greased cookie sheet and press down lightly with round of spoon.
- Bake in Pre-heated 300 degree oven for 12 minutes.
- The temp seems low but it is correct- these come out perfectly!