Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Posted by request. From The Australian Womem's Weekly "Biscuits & Slices" Prep time is estimated.
- 3⁄4 cup plain flour
- 1⁄4 cup self-raising flour
- 1⁄2 cup walnut pieces
- 1⁄3 cup caster sugar
- 125 g butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup coconut
- 150 g milk chocolate, melted
- 90 g butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 cup walnut pieces
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- 1 (100 g) packetpink marshmallows, harved
- 1⁄3 cup glace cherries, chopped
- Base Grease 20cm x 30cm lamington pan.
- Combine sifted flours, walnuts, sugar and butter in bowl.
- Press mixture evenly over base of prepared pan.
- Bake in moderate oven (180 C or 350 F) for about 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Topping Combine chocolate and butter in bowl.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Spread topping over base.
- Sprinkle with coconut.
- Refrigerate until set.
Very good! My daughter made this while I was at work and she had some challenges (she isn't one to be found in the kitchen cooking very often). She burnt the first batch of chocolate and other mishaps. Not due to the recipe, just her lack of culinary expertise. Anyhow, it (finally) turned out very good and the family loved it.