Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Sounds fabulous and placed here for safe keeping. They suggest serving it on toasted slices of baguette that have been rubbed with raw garlic but I have to imagine it would be great with raw veggies too. Recipe from Sauce Magazine, October 2009.
- 118.29 ml pine nuts, toasted in a dry pan until just brown
- 2 head roasted garlic (heads. . .not cloves)
- 425.24 g container ricotta cheese
- salt and pepper
- Pulse the pine nuts in food processor until pulverized.
- Remove the garlic cloves from the papery head, add it to the food processor and pulse until it forms a paste.
- Add the ricotta and blend everything together, stopping to scrape down the sides.
- Add salt/pepper to taste.
This is a wonderful, creamy spread that has such a yummy flavour! Mmmm, it tastes kinda sweet with a lovely deep roasty aroma from the pine nuts and garlic. YUM! I was a little short on pine nuts so I subbed some sunflower seeds for the missing amount and thought they were a nice addition. THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this awesome recipe with us, JB! Ill surely make it again! Made and reviewed for Aussie/NZ Recipe Swap #42 Group Anzac Biscuits July 2010.