Recipe by hollyberry
Refreshing and delicious! Unique blend of flavours. Taken from Cottage Life's Summer Weekend Cookbook. Great with steak! Be sure to advise guest of peanuts as they're not obvious in presentation.
Top Review by gpotts5626
I needed a quick side dish to go along with Pork Chops Bambara (#112557). I had almost all of the ingredients except the asparagus spears and lemon juice. I took a creative liberty and substituted lime juice and left out the asparagus spears. It still was great and went well with the Chops.
- 3⁄4 cup long grain and wild rice blend
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold water
- 8 asparagus spears
- 1⁄2 red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup water chestnut, sliced
- 2 green onions
- 1 cup roasted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1 orange
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Salad: In a small saucepan, bring water and rice to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook 20 minutes or until done. Meanwhile, cut asparagus into 1/2" sections and blanch. Chop red pepper, green onion, peanuts and parsley. Zest and section orange. Mix all ingredients together including orange zest (quantity to your liking), but not orange slices. Refrigerate.
- Dressing: Whisk ingredients together and spoon over servings of rice salad as desired. Serve with orange sections.
- Time to make includes prep and cook times.