Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this recipe in the grocery store next to some Ortega green chiles. Preparation and cooking time does not include time to cook rice. Cooking time is the time to refrigerate salad.
- 1 (7 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon Grey Poupon Dijon Mustard
- 3 cups cooked long grain and wild rice blend (3 cups long grain rice can be substituted)
- 1 cup diced red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup diced green onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- In a small bowl, combine chiles, vinegar, oil and mustard until well blended, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine rice, peppers, green onions and pecans.
- Add dressing, stirring to coat well.
- Chill at least 1 hour to blend flavors.