Cook1 hr 15 mins
Recipe from the magazine Best Life. Good recipe for weight loss and endurance training.
Make and share this Nutty Rice and Grain Mix recipe from Food.com.
- Wash uncooked wild rice, barley and bulgur thoroughly. Add to 9 cups boiling water in a heavy pan. Return water to boil and stir.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 50-60 minutes or just until kernals puff open. Uncover and fluff with table fork.
- Simmer five additional minutes.
- Drain any excess liquid. For chewier texture cook less time.
- Add almonds and flaxseed.
- Combine oil and vinegar. Add to rice and grain mixture. Serve hot.
What a great healthy mix of grains and nuts! I enjoyed the flavors. I did feel it lacked a little in flavor, so added a pat of butter and some soy sauce. thanks for a healthy dinner!