Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
One thing nice about rhubarb is that once you make it into a tasty dessert, pie or cake most people don't even know they are eating rhubarb.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk or 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups plus 2 tb flour
- 2 cups rhubarb, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped
- Grease sides and bottom of 8x8x2 inch pan.
- Mix cake ingredients together and spread into pan.
- Mix sugar and nuts, sprinkle over cake mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes.