Recipe by Robin TL.
I have been making this since I got the 2001 Quick Cooking cookbook. very simple and delicious. I have made just a few changes to the recipe like not putting the ramen noodles, sunflower seeds and almonds in until served, otherwise they become soft and you want them crunchy. I hope you like it as much as we do.
Top Review by DailyInspiration
We enjoyed this crunchy slaw mix. It makes a great side dish for any occasion. The only changes I made was to leave out the olives and to use Truvia natural sweetener vs. sugar. Will definitely make this slaw again. Made for Spring PAC, 2014.
- 1 (3 ounce) package ramen noodles
- 1 (16 ounce) package broccoli slaw mix
- 1 cup purple onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 (6 ounce) can ripe olives, drained and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- set aside the seasoning for the noodles, crush, place in bowl for later use.
- Put slaw mix, sunflower kernels, almonds, olives, onions, and broccoli in large bowl, mix. next combine sugar (I use a little less sugar), vinegar, and oil in jar and contents of seasoning package, shake well. Drizzle over salad and add the crushed noodles, toss to coat and serve immediately -- uummmm goood!