Recipe by milliwuu
What better suits the thanksgiving dinner than a pumpkin looking pumpkin bread complete with pumpkin seeds inside!! Cutting slits and sticking in the leftover stem from my pumpkin, the bread turned out to be more like a real pumpkin than I'd originally planned. Everyone loved it. (Photo by Helen L. M.)
- 1 cup pumpkin, juice 240g (blend equal parts of water and pumpkin puree and measure out exactly 1 cup )
- 1 tablespoon water, to adjust dough wetness
- 4 teaspoons oil, 56g (half vegetable oil and half butter)
- 3 cups bread flour, 360g (up to half can be wwf)
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons yeast
- 1⁄2 cup sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 cup pumpkin seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Make pumpkin juice by blending water with pumpkin puree or steamed pumpkin flesh with skin on (I include the seeds too because my blender is sharp.).
- Put into the bread machine the juice, oil, flour, salt, sugar, yeast, and sesame seeds. Use the dough cycle.
- Knead into the resulting dough the pumpkin seeds by hand. (Else the green skins will fall off in the machine's spinning.).
- Form a ball, insert saved stem, with scissors cut slits 3 times (every 20 minutes) at the same places during one hour of proofing. Spray water from time to time.
- After it's become doubled in size (mine grew sideways,) spray some water and bake at 180degrees 20-30min. (Or until the color is right and inside measures 80 degrees Celsius.).