1/4 Photos of Nutty Pumpkin Yeast Bread
2 hrs 30 mins
What better suits the thanksgiving dinner than a pumpkin looking pumpkin bread complete with pumpkin seeds inside!! Cutting slits and sticking in the leftover stem from my pumpkin, the bread turned out to be more like a real pumpkin than I'd originally planned. Everyone loved it. (Photo by Helen L. M.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup pumpkin, juice 240g (blend equal parts of water and pumpkin puree and measure out exactly 1 cup )
- 1 tablespoon water, to adjust dough wetness
- 4 teaspoons oil, 56g (half vegetable oil and half butter)
- 3 cups bread flour, 360g (up to half can be wwf)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons yeast
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1Make pumpkin juice by blending water with pumpkin puree or steamed pumpkin flesh with skin on (I include the seeds too because my blender is sharp.).
- 2Put into the bread machine the juice, oil, flour, salt, sugar, yeast, and sesame seeds. Use the dough cycle.
- 3Knead into the resulting dough the pumpkin seeds by hand. (Else the green skins will fall off in the machine's spinning.).
- 4Form a ball, insert saved stem, with scissors cut slits 3 times (every 20 minutes) at the same places during one hour of proofing. Spray water from time to time.
- 5After it's become doubled in size (mine grew sideways,) spray some water and bake at 180degrees 20-30min. (Or until the color is right and inside measures 80 degrees Celsius.).
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nutty Pumpkin Yeast Bread
Serving Size: 1 (85 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 299.0
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 366.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 9.5 g