Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
These mushrooms are delicious for an entree or with the addition of jacket potatoes and salad greens make an interesting vegetarian meal. Recipe found on mushroom bag.
- 6 large portabella mushrooms
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 cup pistachios, finely chopped
- 1 cup almonds, finely chopped
- 1 cup hazelnuts, finely chopped
- 6 white button mushrooms, finely chopped, medium
- 1 cup black olives, sliced
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 2 tablespoons white breadcrumbs, dried
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, shaved
- Using a damp paper towel wipe mushrooms.
- Place into a lightly oiled baking dish. Season with salt and a generous sprinkling of lemon pepper. Set aside.
- Using a non-stick pan, dry toast pistachios, almonds and hazelnuts until golden (approx 10 mins). Stir continuously. Remove from heat. Add white buttons, olives, lemon zest, juice, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, oil and egg. Mix well.
- Divide mixture into 6. Carefully mould a portion over each portabello mushroom, covering gills completely. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and shaved parmesan. Drizzle a little olive oil over each mushroom.
- Bake at 180c for 20 minutes or until tender. Lemon wedges and a sprig of parsley make a good garnish.