Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Here is another healthy snack from Health Magazine. Serving size is 1 bar for 182 calories. Times do not include time to make popcorn or cooling time.
- 1 1⁄2 cups oats
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts, unsalted
- 12 cups unsalted popped popcorn, oil free
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups raisins
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F Place oats and peanuts on a baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes. Cool completely.
- Place popcorn in a large bowl sprayed with cooking spray. Spray a large jelly-roll pan with cooking spray.
- In a saucepan, combine butter, brown sugar and honey over medium heat, bring to a boil stirring frequently. Continue to boil for 1-1/2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in salt and vanilla.
- Pour syrup over popcorn and stir until well coated. Stir in reserve peanuts and oats plus raisins. Spread evenly in prepared jell-roll pan. Allow to cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Turn out onto a cutting board and cut into 24 equal squares. Store in an air-tight container for up to 3 days.